Thursday, May 11, 2006

In The Name of Love

In The Name of Love

Hey, you know what I've just figured out? It's that maybe, whatever we do, if we do it in the name of love, it will feel right. Even killing somebody else. Even hurting people. Even betraying your loved ones. Even destroying a country. It will feel right.
Whatever I do, I always try to follow my heart because I thought that love will guide us to the right path. I've always believed it. But is it true? Until now after realizing it, I don't stop believing in love, but is it always right? Love can make you do the most astonishing thing on earth, but it can also guide you to destruction. It can make you do good things and it can make you do cruel things. We can save someone's life or kill someone else. We can make a better world or a worse world. We can start or stop a war. It doesn't matter. As long as we do it for love, it will feel right. But then come again the question: is it ACTUALLY right?
We are not God, I'm not God. I just take a little time everyday to think what if what I did is not right in God's eyes, even though it felt perfectly right for me because I did it in the name of love? If in the name of love I saved a murderer's life only to have him killing someone else afterwards, did I do right? If in the name of love I hurt my beloved because I didn't want to cause a deeper pain, is what I did right? If in the name of love I ignored religion's lessons and being gay, is what I did right? There're so many examples of this dillema, but when I'm faced with these problems I know what I'll do. I will choose to save that murderer's life, to hurt my beloved, and to ignore the religion's lessons.
Well, maybe God gives us the gift of love so He can control us. I've ever heard the saying that maybe love is God's instrument to make human regenerate. Heh heh, love's so much more than that, because love isn't just between man and woman. There're many kinds of love and if love is God's instrument, well, He can control every aspect of our lives!
You know why I choose to follow my heart everytime the road leads me to a hard choice? The answer is simple, really. I'm not God and I don't know what God wants me to do, so I do the only thing I could: following the only guide God's provided human with; love.

No comments: