Thursday, May 11, 2006

About Two Hurricanes

Warning: This one is my reply to my best friend's old post, just in case you're wondering. And by the way, no offense to both religions. Instead, I wrote this, trying hard to make the two religions understand that there's no use fighting each other.

About Two Hurricanes

Well, yeah. I don't know why, but it seems that the only two religions who have the most problems about each other are Christian and Islam.
I think it's because they're the religions which have the most fanatic members. They're religions which claim that they're the rightest religions exist. And because the rightest religion should be only one, so they confronted each other to win that position.
It's funny, really. I think, Nao, that the reason behind the fight is not their ego. Well, not all. I know that some people REALLY DO BELIEVE that it's what their 'GOD' wants them to do, that they must fight for their religion. And it's that kind of faith which is used by the egoistic people to have an army to beat the other religion. Like in Islam, there's an assumption (or maybe just a miss-intrepretation) that Christians are Kafir and should be hated. In Christian, they don't like it that moslems can marry with more than one wife.
Well, both of the religions are good, both are true, but they're a contrast of each other. They can't accept the differences because they both claim the position of the best religion, and how can the best religions have totally different teaching? One of them should be wrong!
Well, I'll tell ya. Both of them are load of craps. I meant no offense, but that's what I think. In the beginning, maybe, both of them are right and pure and all. But now the teachings of both religions have changed through the ages and have been intrepreted times and times again, and through the changes the original messages of God have been blurred. I see no God in hurting other people for no apparent reason. I see no God in hating another religion, I see no God in hating differences. I see no God in both of the religions when they claim to be the best religion in the world.
I see God when someone help another human being. I see God simply when someone offers me a ride home. I see God when the owner of the canteen allowed me to pay Rp 50,- less for the meal I bought. I see God when my mom cooked meal for me. I see God when my friends smile at me. I don't need religion at all to see God. I see God in people.
But because of religions sometimes I see Evil instead of God. The good and the bad are very very hard to recognize, they differ only a tiny bit! You help others to cheat. Good or bad? You stole to feed your children. Good or bad? You lie to save people's lives. Good or bad? You're married to more than one spouse. Good or bad? People with no religions. Good or bad? Gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans-gendered, queers, good or bad? Abortion, good or bad? Many things are blurred now. Many things have changed since 2000 BC. Not all of the teachings are true to the situation now. And by the way, about the wrongs in the teachings are mostly because of wrong intrepretations. And the other main cause is because of the 'rules' and 'law' and 'tradition' in the religion. It's not the words of God, but somehow people believe it as the words of God.
Both of the religions now have lost the single most important teachings of God: love. Love God, love others, love the earth, and love yourself. It's the summary of any religion books and teachings. Why is it so hard to get???

No comments: