Thursday, May 11, 2006

I'm Discriminative

I'm Discriminative

I'm discriminative. I'm discriminative to those who are discriminating other people. I'm discriminative to those who are simply homophobic but never admit that they are homophobic, rather they blame gays as abnormal and unnatural. I'm discriminative to those who are simply fanatic but never admit it and just blame other people's religion or belief.
But as much as I discriminate them, I'm willing to hear reasons. NOT defends, but reasons. I know that just like me, everybody just want to be understood. I'll hear to their reasons for being discriminative or homophobic or fanatic, but I WON'T hear defends. Defends often end with blaming other people. What I want to hear is the history of their lives that cause them to think that the people they discriminate deserve it, that gays are bad, that other religions are just wrong. I want to know why they think that way. And I'm willing to give them explanation that they won't let the hatred remain within them. But some of them I know have belated minds. I don't want to stay around those people. My motto is to live and let live.
When someone hates me for being yellow-skinned or for being gay, or for being agnostic, I know that I am stronger than them and somehow I'm richer than them. Because I can accept them for who they are when they can't accept me for who I am. Because I will have more friends than them because I am willing to accept people no matter what. And I'm no coward because at least I can admit it to myself that I am yellow-skinned, gay, and agnostic, while they are the real coward because they are scared to admit it to themselves that they are prejudice, discriminative, homophobic, and fanatic.

No comments: