Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodbye Isn't Always Enough

Waking up to your words
Feeling something thrown from my mind
I go back to the passing years
It sure seems like a dream

I check my phone for the second time
Wishing it could lie to me
Linger on your name
But my thumb is numb
I wanna hear your voice again

Goodbye isn't always enough
What I know on my mind couldn't chase away this feeling
What good it'll do for acting tough
The memory's still intact inside my damaged heart

I mask a smile for my daily life
Try to ignore the empty space
I call for home, but you're just not there
And you won't ever return to my side

Goodbye isn't always enough
What I know on my mind couldn't chase away this feeling
The thought of you control my mind once again
I wonder if it's better never knowing you at all

No comments: