Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One Big, Happy Family

That's what I feel about the Xenaverse. Yep, definitely big. And definitely happy. For we've learned so much from Xena, about love, about peace, and all the wisdoms she shared with us through the years. It's been 6 years since the show ended, but we go on. With Lucy, with Renee, and with all the Xenites around the world. I read about the latest Xena Convention the other day and oh how I wished I could go there! Lucy sang, Renee sang along, they joked and played with the fans... too bad I wasn't there. The Xenaverse is really a whole universe on its own. Not only on the show, but the charity work of the actors and the fans, the continued growing relationship of them, the stories made in academies of bards, websites dedicated to them, etc. I don't know much about the others, but I do know about Lucy and it's real great!! She continues to send messages to fans and reaches out to them. Her website and her personal blog says a lot about her, and this Christmas she sent a personally made video wishing us a merry christmas and happy new year. She's just so... down to earth, and is more like our friends (or mama) than an actress.
Well, anyway, I just can't get that in the real life right now. I'm now in a pretty big work group, and damn it, it doesn't work well. Even my good friends are acting real bitchy. Fuck 'em. I'll do unto you what you do to me.
Okay, no need to whine here, I've written quite a lot in my own personal blog and believe me, the F word in the post are so many I can't even count it. Lol.
By the way, I fell in love with this song. It's so like me!
In front of total strangers won't you kiss me?
Flowers for no reason but you miss me
Oh, I want to be in love
You're standing on the doorstep in the rain
Cause you couldn't wait to see me once again
Oh, I want to be in love

I'm looking for a heart of gold
I'm looking for a hand to hold
A happy end, strong and kind
Somewhere to rest my troubled mind

Oh, surprise me as I walking off the plane
Take my hand as they played our song again
Oh, I want to be in love

For the second time she wrote a song that touches my heart so deeply. The first one is called 'This Moment', I love that song too... dunno if I've written about that? The lyrics go like this:
I, I am watching you breathe
I am pulled into you, as you smashed into me
Oh, I want to give you the stars
All that I can hold in my arms
Placing them at where you lie
Tell the angels they just have to wait

Cause I wanna stay here in this moment
Can I quietly slip into you
You and I can stay here in this moment
Let the world fade away
I just wanna stay with you

Now heaven have less
Cause I've found the best
And I won't let them take you away
Tell the angels they just have to wait

It touched me so deep because it's written by a woman who has found the love of her life and she's diagnosed with cancer. Well, she survived and now she has a complete family with her twin babies. Oh, I forgot to tell, the writer and singer of the songs is Melissa Etheridge. I like her music, I love the words, and I admire her in person as well. You rock!

Okay, I just hope that one day, the world will become much like Xenaverse. It's a dream that's unlikely will come true, for I know that without darkness there won't be any light, and without war there would be no peace, without hate there would be no love, but a girl can dream. Lol. At least I hope that most people would learn to live together in harmony, as one big, happy family.


No comments: