Monday, June 02, 2008

Ladies' Day

Whoa, I just can't help but post it here. I so want to tell someone about this but Kayla is offline, my best friend is offline, and my friends here won't appreciate it. Haha. Yes, I'm closeted, but either way, me talking about lovely ladies just won't interest them. They're just interested in boys, and that's final.
Soooo... here goes.
Today's a really special day. No, it's not my birthday, it's not my crush's birthday, it's not someone's anniversary or wedding in my family, but it's the day that After Ellen's hot 100 list for 2008 comes out!!!! I woke up today and went straight to my computer. I voted this year, and wow, 8 of my 10 nominations were in the list! The two who aren't on the list are Melissa and Julie Andrews, and heck, I love them so much it doesn't matter anyway. I know that everyone loves Julie Andrews and most lesbians love Melissa, so well. By the way, there are some ladies I didn't vote for just because I forgot them the moment I filled the vote. Some of them made the list, some of them don't. I have a newly found celebrity crush for Emma Thompson and if it happened before the voting, there'll be 7 out of 10 of my vote on the list. Haha.
It's gooooooood though, waking up to those beautiful ladies (After Ellen sure knows how to pick pictures. Thank you, thank you, thank you). But the ones whom you meet in real life are the best, aren't they?
I had a crush on someone... well, let's just call her Little Bit. She usually wasn't all that nice to me, but today I met her after one year, and wow, she talked to me as if I were her friend! Well my crush for her has ended, it wasn't a real crush anyway, still she's so pretty and smart and any gay lady worth her salt would sweat upon talking to her. :p
Not only that, when I was talking with her one other woman showed up. This one is a mentor I admire, not someone I'd have a crush on (well, I would, but she's HAPPILY married and you can quote me anytime I will never ever be in the way of a happily married couple. If one of them wanna be with me they'll have to break up first. That's been my personal principle forever.) Still it's been a year since I met her last and I do miss her, so it feels so good to actually meet her again.
I always ask myself is it okay to be this happy? I'm so giddy the only way to defeat this is if my crush for three years suddenly showed up and talked to me too. It would be just perfect. Well, it'd be perfect if she showed up and told me she loves me. Lol.
Anyway, it's been a lovely day, though I have to say, a little bit lonely too. One year ago wherever I go in that area, there'll be someone I know, someone who'll smile back and say hello to me. Not today. So many have changed indeed and I just can't change it the way it was before. I'll just have to move on, to the next chapter in my life, and as much as I'm terrified by it, I'm also thrilled. Who's to say I'm not to meet the other half of my soul in the other half of the world?

No comments: